Monday, September 12, 2011

Anti-Fortune Cookies

Once upon a time (ok, like 4 or 5 years ago) the Yeti and I went to our favorite local Chinese eatery to fill ourselves with noodley foodstuffs.  It was delicious.  Of course our obligatory fortune cookies came after the meal.  AWESOME.  I love fortune cookies.  I could eat those stale little fuckers all day long.  I have perfected being able to remove my fortune without breaking the cookie.  The Yeti has not.  Now, some fortune cookie aficionados will tell you that you have to eat half of the cookie before you read the fortune or else it won't come true.  I'm so glad I didn't.  Because this is what my cookie said: 

Yeah, I'm not making this up.  I think Peking received a batch of Anti-Fortune Cookies.  This fear was confirmed when the Yeti opened up his cookie:

Seriously.  To top it all off, we already fight like retarded cavemen.  Swinging clubs and beating each other senseless.  That had been going on for a good majority of the week prior to the consumption of the noodles.  The prophetic cookie was NOT what we needed to see.  But the absurdity of the printed cookie paper hit home.
The Yeti and I looked at each other, and started laughing so hard that the restaurant patrons stopped eating to look at us.  Realizing that we were creating an awkward situation, we quickly left the restaurant.
We still eat at Peking.  We love Peking.  We're still hoping they get another batch of Anti-Fortune Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment